Oneness (Article) - 6/21/2009 4:20:29 PM
The Lord Jesus is God Almighty. There are quite a few texts that demonstrate this fact.
1. The Lord Jesus is the Lord of lords in heaven. There is only one (singular) Lord of every lord in heaven (Revelation 17:14). We know that the Father is this one Lord of all lords (Deuteronomy 10:17) as well.
2. The Lord Jesus is prayed to in Acts 1:24, 25 - and only God is to be prayed to.
3. The Lord Jesus is the recipient of at least two doxologies (2 Timothy 4:18 and 2 Peter 3:18). A doxology is a hymn of praise to God. Thus since Jesus receives a doxology (at least two) this necessitates that He is God.
4. Thomas referred to the Lord Jesus as "the God of me" (Greek: ho theos mou) in John 20:28. Thomas was a monotheistic Jew but yet at the same time he called Jesus "the God" of him - not "a god" of him but "the God" of him.
5. According to Job 9:8 and Isaiah 44:24 God "alone" created the heavens. But we know that the Lord Jesus created the heavens (John 1:3 and Colossians 1:16).
6. The author wrote:
And Jesus replied that it is no one other than God Jehovah who is to be worshipped by rendering sacred service to the true God alone.
--> But we see the Lord Jesus receiving this very same sacred service (Greek: latreuw) in Revelation 22:3 - another proof then that He is God.
- Marc Taylor
God Is Love, a lettered poem (Poetry) - 1/27/2009 11:31:17 PM
All here is true and I envy you for being able to profess it like it is and sharing it with others. I read the bible each day and pray too and find comfort in Jesus, my savior. Great words written here and passed on to others who care to read them. Stay well and warm this winter.
Echoes in search of sweet Freedom (Poetry) - 1/26/2009 6:23:42 PM
How short their lives, yet how they each have impacted future lives, beautifully and engagingly written...
Be always safe,
Courage (Poetry) - 1/26/2009 4:37:26 PM
Beautiful..poweful..and very uplifting words !