No one gets through life unscathed. All of us are formed by our own experiences, and choices, and what the seeds we plant yield in harvest. Some of us plant seeds of violence and reap violence as a harvest. Some of us plant seeds of deception and reap confusion and disparity. Some of us plant seeds of sexual perversity and reap only momentary pleasure and guilt - which eventually leads to disillusionment and a darkening of the soul. Some of us embrace far too much, in an effort to make our lives meaningful, and end up more confused than when we began searching. Sadly some search a lifetime for what could be embraced in one simple prayer.
As wildflowers of the field, and every other living thing in nature, each of us is given a special kind of beauty and fragrance, and each of us is born, too, with a unique voice and gift. We all grow together but ofttimes so aloof. Separated by ethnicity and beliefs, social prejudices and the color of our skin; walls of pride are established and hid behind. Trying to make sense of life’s many struggles, instead of finding and embracing Truth, we reach out to all those brightly colored packages on the multifarious shelves of free will, ingesting for awhile the never-ending glut of those things we hope will bring us the peace and the significance we so desire; but it doesn’t last. Finding and honoring Truth defines why we are here. And without Truth man wanders alone (through life) on this planet constantly searching for that special something to fill all the emptiness’s.
Excerpt from the Book of Enoch
8. A vision thus appeared to me.
9. Behold, in that vision clouds and a mist invited me; agitated stars and flashes of lightning impelled and pressed me forwards, while winds in the vision assisted my flight, accelerating my progress.
10. They elevated me aloft to heaven. I proceeded, until I arrived at a wall built with stones of crystal. A vibrating flame (20) surrounded it, which began to strike me with terror.
(20) Vibrating flame. Literally, "a tongue of fire"
11. Into this vibrating flame I entered;
12. And drew nigh to a spacious habitation built also with stones of crystal. Its walls too, as well as pavement, were formed with stones of crystal, and crystal likewise was the ground. Its roof had the appearance of agitated stars and flashes of lightning; and among them were cherubim of fire in a stormy sky.(21) A flame burned around its walls; and its portal blazed with fire. When I entered into this dwelling, it was hot as fire and cold as ice. No trace of delight or of life was there. Terror overwhelmed me, and a fearful shaking seized me.
(21) In a stormy sky. Literally, "and their heaven was water" (Charles, p. 81).
13. Violently agitated and trembling, I fell upon my face. In the vision I looked.
14. And behold there was another habitation more spacious than the former, every entrance to which was open before me, erected in the midst of a vibrating flame.
15. So greatly did it excel in all points, in glory, in magnificence, and in magnitude, that it is impossible to describe to you either the splendour or the extent of it.
16. Its floor was on fire; above were lightnings and agitated stars, while its roof exhibited a blazing fire.
17. Attentively I surveyed it, and saw that it contained an exalted throne;
18The appearance of which was like that of frost; while its circumference resembled the orb of the brilliant sun; and there was the voice of the cherubim.
19. From underneath this mighty throne rivers of flaming fire issued.
20. To look upon it was impossible.
21. One great in glory sat upon it:
22. Whose robe was brighter than the sun, and whiter than snow.
23. No angel was capable of penetrating to view the face of Him, the Glorious and the Effulgent; nor could any mortal behold Him. A fire was flaming around Him.
24. A fire also of great extent continued to rise up before Him; so that not one of those who surrounded Him was capable of approaching Him, among the myriads of myriads (22) who were before Him. To Him holy consultation was needless. Yet did not the sanctified, who were near Him, depart far from Him either by night or by day; nor were they removed from Him. I also was so far advanced, with a veil on my face, and trembling. Then the Lord with his own mouth called me, saying, Approach hither, Enoch, at my holy word.
Enoch, son of Jarod, was special in the Old Testament. Enoch spoke personally with Truth. No man had ever, up to then, been allowed to witness what he did personally. And though his book was excluded from the Holy Canon of Scripture, he still spoke with the archangels, Michael, Uriel, Raphael, and Gabriel, and he pronounced judgment on the fallen ones who had desecrated the Earth. Enoch was a righteous man whose eyes were opened by God. He was allowed to see a vision of the Holy One in the heavens and to see the future of the rebellious angels and the human race. Enoch and Elijah were the only two in scripture who did not taste physical death.
Truth is not arcane or hidden. Truth is not transitory or random. Truth is Truth whether you believe it or not. Truth is not affected by the modernity of societal evolution, nor of man’s philosophies or conceptions. Truth walked on this planet, as a man, with His creation. Truth does not create different truths for different people. Truth is not a myth, nor is it a philosophy or a religion, nor is it subject to the intrigues or blaspheming of man. Truth is not a culture, nor is it the vast works of humanity’s imagination. Truth is not something that creates confusion, nor does Truth dwell in darkness. Truth is not something that works for us in our personal pursuits of bearing and success in a corrupt world system. Truth is the Christ-man who gave everything to redeem His creation to Himself. And because of His works He became the first fruits of a new race of beings.
All of us are perfectly placed at a point in time where our lives will make the greatest impact on our fellow man and eternity. And the ONE true author who chooses that time and place, where we are born, and to whom we are born, and when in time we are born, also knows the beginning from the end. Time is rolled out as a scroll for the Ancient of Days; the Most High Triune God; omniscient, omnipresent and omnipotent. He created time. He sustains time. And when the fullness of time has been reached He will end time and those, (of their own free-will) who have chosen to believe He is will enter eternity with Him. There is no pagan philosophy that will ever change this. And though naysayers may repudiate Truth in their seasons of power and outspokenness, in the end every knee will bow and confess that Christ Jesus is Lord; the Most High God; even those who in their stubbornness are cast off. Many are called in this life, but few are chosen to bring glory to the One who IS Glory and Light. Blessed are those who find Truth and Walk in Him.
“Here is the conclusion of the matter: Fear God and keep His commandment, for this is the whole duty of man. For God will bring every deed into judgment, including every hidden thing, whether it is good or evil.” Ecclesiastes 12: 13 & 14
richard lloyd cederberg
Site: A Monumental Journey Novels
Reader Reviews for
"steadfast and focused with discernment"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Membership?
Click here to Join!
|Reviewed by Christine Tsen
|You make every word shine through your authentic voice, so powerful and deeply felt, and also felt so deeply by this reader!
|Reviewed by Donna Chandler
|Well written in easy to understand words. We all need to read and take this lesson to heart.
|Reviewed by Morgan Merriweather
|a very interesting essay, i've never read it and want to....so this was interesting.........Morgan|
|Reviewed by Sheila Roy
Not a light topic to consider. I'm also certain to have nightmares. Okay though, cuz I'll get a short story out of the nightmare...lol. As 2012 approaches, I think more folks will be weighing their self-worth and thinking about the legacy they want to leave. Were I in search of spiritual guidance (if I didn't already believe), your essay would stiffen my spine to the possibilities. Maybe I'd change my ways? One could hope, because you are right about the extensive sinning, disillusionment, and darkening of the soul. Not directly related; one day I went to Wal*Mart. I said hi to three people (other customers) while I was there and only one of them was curteous enough to reply. I think that's a good indication that the old days of raising barns together are long gone:) A fascinating write. I felt this way after reading The Illumination. That book made me understand (minutely) just how much I offend God in ways I hadn't realized. Great writing. I enjoyed the injections of soft imagery, like the wildflowers. Not imagery often seen in essays. Love and Hugs,
|Reviewed by Marcia Miller-Twiford
|All of life's lessons are in this essay soul bud. Well done. I hope everyone reads it. I've printed it out and plan to read it to my family.
|Reviewed by Peter Schlosser (Reader)
|truth stands alone in the universe under its own power. the lie must be consistently updated, refreshed, repeated, tweeked, worked over, modified, etc. etc. etc. those who seek truth strive for union between purpose of life and the purpose of the Divine Principle directing the universe. priceless beyond all earth's rewards is that union. this then creates "oneness of purpose," which is beautiful in its simplicity; but so difficult for many to attain due to the deliberate placement of the trappings of misdirection placed upon the earth. so i think the title says it all. okay, time for football:-) ugghh, have i not learned anything! that's a joke you know. have a wonderful weekend richard.|
richard lloyd cederberg