· Whooo's Coming to Dinner?
· Cats & Mice, Twice as Nice!
· Snorts, Paws, Tails & Claws!
· Can Angels Do Loop Dee Loops?
· Memories of Mount Dora Volume 2
· Memories of Mount Dora Volume 1
· Boomer the Bengal Cat by Karen Pitchford
· Harry Spotter the Incontinent Puppy by Paige Hanson
· Dream I Can by Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Believe I Can By Susie Gallucci, Illustrated by Amy Sellers
· Testimonial of a mural, a book and a girl
· Ladies of the Festival
· Thanks Leigh
· Love will find the key...
· My BIG Idea 2 By Asa Sellers (10 yrs old)
· Soda Pop Falls
· 200+ Students Today
· Art Class Today
· The Ravioli Monster!
· Art by a child with Autism
· WTBQ Radio NY - The Frank Truatt Morning Show
· 1480 WHBC Morning Radio Show - Canton, Ohio
· KXYL FM Radio Interview Brownwood, TX
· WTLN: Public Service Announcement regarding AUTISM
· The Apopka Chief April 27, 2007
· FRONT PAGE!!! Apopka Chief April 20, 2007
· The Planter Newspaper April 13, 2007
· Apopka MY TOWN Magazine April 5, 2007
· The Apopka Chief March 23, 2007
· The Apopka Chief News July 28, 2006
· Inspiration sneaks up again...
· Thank You ♥Jesus
· HONEY ♥ BEAR
· The Daintiest Ballerina
· Before & After Make-Over... Dirty old DOGS!
· Le Salon.... Meoooow!
· “Mommy’s Little ♥ Fan Club”
· Memories Re-surfacing
· Chick from P.A.
· Christmas Eve Adventure
· Readers' Favorite 5 Star Reviews!!!
· Coming Soon... Snorts, Paws, Tails & Claws!
· WT Bland Mt. Dora Library Speaking Event with Amy Sellers
· Book signing event for Eben Alexander a huge success!
· 790am Radio in Leesburg FL.
· Orlando (Lake) Sentinel... Mt. Dora Artist...
· Barrel of Books in Mount Dora Florida Grand Opening
· Memories of Mount Dora Preview Oct 22, 2012
Amy Sellers, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
For my good friend, Jon.
I often think that God must have given me the gift of art for a higher calling. Today is one of those days when I truly appreciate this gift.
Yesterday my good friend, Jon Hanson, send me an urgent email. It said only this:
My adopted Dad AC Bennett died over the weekend. I am going to try to come up with a picture of him, (you painted him in Harry Spotter). He was 95. Do you think you could whip up a portrait for the family if I can come up with a good picture?
Thanks. I think the memorial service will be Thursday.
I am heading out to walk/run for an hour.
I'm so blessed to have a friend that knows he can ask me for this special favor. It's the kind of moment when you feel so helpless... when you want to consol them and help in some way. When nothing can help; when no words will solve the situation; when all you can do is show your concern... it's the perfect solution.
Of course I can paint a portrait! I pour my heart and soul into a simple gift. This gift can show the family that he had something special created. A portrait that will capture a moment in time will hang in his mothers home until she passes. It will bring loving memeories and then be passed on to her grandchildren.
The portrait was done quickly, but with love and care. Just like the lines and wrinkles in a older persons face, this painting will also tell a story with its imperfections, cracks and flaws. My mother always used to say it's the imperfections that make antiques priceless.
So to Jon, Nita and the rest of the family: This gift is sent with love, a hug, and a prayer. May Mr. Bennet rest in peace.
To send flowers-Mailing Address:
Cotner Funeral Home
7369 East Main Street
Reynoldsburg , Ohio 43068
Learn more about Jon Hanson at: www.gooddebt.com
Reader Reviews for
"Rest in Peace, Mr. Bennet"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Membership?
Click here to Join!
|Reviewed by John Domino
|A wonderful tribute! God Bless you!|
|Reviewed by Sandra Mushi
|I'm sorry for your loss, Amy. Heartfelt write.
|Reviewed by Joyce Bowling
|I am so sorry for the loss my friend, your artwork is outstanding! You have a wonderful heart, such a great gift you have through pen and brush! Prayers are with you and family dear friend!
|Reviewed by Cynthia Borris
Sorry for the loss and you are a good friend, too.