Become a Fan
Author Adventures in November
By Ananda Kiamsha Madelyn Leeke
Thursday, November 08, 2007
Rated "PG" by the Author.
A blog post on my adventures as a new author
This morning I laid on my orange yoga mat with my lavender eye pillow in one of my favorite yoga poses ... reclining bounded angle - Supta Badha Konasana. This pose helps me surrender to the moment and open my heart to the infinite possibilities of a new day. As I breathed in and out, I realized that it is only the eighth day of the month. Eight days ... That's it. They feel more like thirty days because my mind and body have been racing through tasks associated with my life as a new author.
This week, I have been focused on:
1) finalizing my November virtual book tour with my Blogspot and Myspace friends to create buzz about the November/December book readings and increase Holiday book purchases
2) preparing responses to interview questions for virtual book tour events during week of November 11
3) ordering t-shirts for the November 18th book reading staff
4) paying a portion of the balance on my American Express Card for books and other related items that I purchases
5) mailing promo information and books to my attorneys in Atlanta for their client appreciation day on November 15
6) completing my artwork for the November 18th book reading and art exhibition
7) organizing and confirming the details of book readings for December, January, and February
8) posting information to my different blogs about my first virtual book tour event on B-more BAP Life's blog on November 5
9) checking B-more BAP Life's blog periodically for comments on the author interview and responding to them
10) signing up for and posting content on www.authorsden.com
11) contacting my photographer and video team to confirm their participation in my November 18th reading
12) submitting and confirming book reading event listings on Mocha Hut's web site, iUniverse's calendar, Myspace, Fusicology, etc.
13) doing regular life stuff like exercising, eating healthy, sleeping, working my m-f/9-5 job, cleaning my clothes and home, paying bills, keeping in touch with family and friends, running errands to the grocery store and cleaners, etc.
Although I have been moving at the speed of light, I have to say that my yoga practice, daily prayers, and Course in Miracles exercises have kept me centered. Whenever I get flustered, I come back to my breath. Just taking a few moments to close my eyes and breathe in and out helps me come back to myself. The more I breathe in and out slowly, the more I realize that I have the power of prayer to remind me of what is important. And although my list of things to do continues to expand, I know that I can accomplish these things because I am connected to the Creator's infinite power. All I gotta do is slow my role and come into myself for a moment of surrender. In that moment of surrender, I visualize myself in my favorite morning yoga pose. My mind connects and sends a message to my heart. It opens and embraces what is before me. I take one step and one breath at a time..... And the eighth day remains just that the eighth day... I give thanks for the energy, power, and presence of the Most High. Together, we move through the next moment of the eighth day with grace.
Enjoy your day!
Peace and Love on this eighth day of November,
Ananda Leeke, a grateful new author moving through life one step and breath at a time.....
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!