13. In a disagreement, the female is ALWAYS right.
14. It’s ok to eat chocolate cake with milk for breakfast.
15. Be happy.
16. Count your blessings.
17. Laugh every day.
18. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
19. Don’t talk to me through a closed bathroom door.
20. One sneeze means someone misses you.
21. Two sneezes in a row means someone is talking
22. Three sneezes in a row mean you’ve got a cold.
Stay away from me.
23. The man gets the last bite of leftovers.
24. The woman gets the last word.
25. You pay for your raisin’ when you raise your own.
26. Always kiss your sweetheart hello and good-bye.
27. A good kiss should last at least 10 seconds.
28. If your palm itches, it means money is coming your
29. If the bottom of your foot itches, it means that you’ll
soon be walking on new ground.
30. Don’t call me Honey/Sweetheart/Darling unless you
ARE my honey/sweetheart/darling.
31. If you know me well and are close to my age, I have a
first name, Donna.
32. If you don’t know me or if you’re a young whipper
snapper, I am Ms. Chandler or perhaps Ms. Donna.
33. Friends of my children please do not call me ‘mom’.
I’m not YOUR mom (and in a few cases, ‘Thank
34. If your nose itches, you’re going to kiss a fool.
35. Sing every day, even if you scare away your beloved
pets. They’ll return when they’re sure no one is in
36. Be tolerant of others but don’t be a door-mat.
37. If you just can’t figure it out, read the directions.
38. Never discuss religion or politics with those you
don’t know REALLY well.
39. You can’t argue with the truth.
40. No matter what your age, your ‘date’ does NOT sit
and wait in the car for you to come out. And honking
the horn to hurry up could possibly be a hanging
41. Don’t forget to say please and thank you EVER.
42. If you appreciate someone/something or a gift/favor,
43. You catch more bees with honey.
44. If honey doesn’t work, remember the squeaky wheel
gets the grease.
45. Prayers ARE answered and miracles DO happen.
46. Never relay bad news via the telephone/email or
text. Bad news needs to be delivered face to face so
you can offer your shoulder to cry on.
47 ALL jobs are important.
48. Never ever use a condescending tone of voice.
49. When you marry, you are no longer ‘I’, you become
50. Baseball caps should be removed indoors,
ESPECIALLY at the dinner table.
Note: One of the ‘Dos and Don’ts’ is mentioned twice and it is my GREATEST pet peeve. Did you spot it? Do you know which one it is?
Any questions, comments, or do’s and don’ts from your own past that you’d like to see in my next book can be sent to me through my website:
http://poeticallycorrect.webs.com/ I hope to hear from you.
In the meantime make a happy memory every day.