||Dog Ear Publishing
Barnes & Noble.com
The Bible Dilemma
The Bible Dilemma
The Bible Dilemma
The Bible Dilemma: Historical contradictions, misquoted statements, failed prophecies and oddities in the Bible
The Bible Dilemma is a compilation of Bible verses showing the historical contradictions in the Bible
The Bible Dilemma is a compilation of Bible verses that shows the following:
1. Historical contradictions, inconsistencies and
discrepancies within the Bible and with recorded history
2. Failed promises and prophecies
3. Misquoted statements within the Bible
4. Borrowed and alluded statements within the Bible
5. Borrowed and alluded statements from non-biblical sources
6. Stories and legends similar to the Bible
7. Who are the gods mentioned in the Bible
8. The 72 names of God derived from the book of Exodus
9. The nature and character of God as depicted in the Bible
10. Scientific errors and arguments
11. Conflicting arguments within the Bible about Jesus Christ
being the Messiah
12. Non-existing books or books that may have been lost through
time that are mentioned in the Bible
13. What the Bible says about salvation
14. Doctrines and belief systems concerning Jesus Christ
15. Catholic dogmas about Mary
The book The Bible Dilemma also touches on the following topics:
1. Saint Paul and the New Testament
2. The trial of Galileo Galilei
3. Joan of Arc and the Biblical Clothing Law
4. The Legend of the Wandering Jew
5. King Henry VIII and the Book of Leviticus
6. The Liberty Bell and the Book of Leviticus
7. Hitler and the Spear of Destiny
8. Psalm 46 and the name of Shakespeare
9. Clarence Darrow and the SkopesTrial
10. The Tyndale Bible
11. Hyram Abiff and the FreeMasonry
Was Sodom and Gomorrah the only destroyed cities?
Genesis 19:24 “Then the Lord rained upon Sodom and upon Gomorrah brimstone and fire from the Lord out of heaven.”
No, Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah and Zeboim
Deuteronomy 29:23 “And that the whole land thereof is brimstone, and salt, and burning, that it is not sown, nor beareth, nor any grass groweth therein, like the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the Lord overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath”
Note: Sodom, Gomorrah, Admah, Zeboim and Bela (Zoar) are collectively called
the Cities of the Plain. Lot escaped to Zoar after fleeing from Sodom
(Genesis 19:22). The destruction of these cities was most likely caused by
a volcanic eruption. Today it is widely believed that the Dead Sea is where these cities were once located.
Title: The Bible Dilemma
Author: M.L. Gutierrez
Whether you are a believer in Judaism, any denomination of Christianity, in the words of the Bible or not, be prepared to feel surprise or even shock, should you decide to read `The Bible Dilemma.'
My core beliefs have been shaken, and try as I might, could not disprove the validity of the author's statements. Perhaps some small variances could be contributed to different people recounting the facts.
There have been times in history when it was forbidden to read the Bible, there were also times when it was decreed that all must read it. It has been considered beyond reproach, a guide for human conduct, yet now read M.L. Gutierrez's research styled accounting of historical contradictions, misquoted statements, failed prophecies and other oddities in the Bible. Scripture by scripture, these contradictions are bared.
My heart was revived when I realized I was not the only one to have had moments of doubt.
According to St Mark 15:34 and Matthew 27:46.....as he cried out from his crucifixion cross,
"why has thou forsaken me", only left to wonder if he did, Luke 23:46.
The Bible, its parables or directions have been translated and revised numerous times. It has been an extremely strong, influential book, causing war upon war for all of our centuries. While reading, I was comparing the predominant King James Version and the newer International Version. I also investigated the mentioned Lemming Syndrome and Myrmidon Complex, now hoping that they do not make up the majority of Christian followers.
Throughout the years I have attended different denominations. I have met extremely blessed followers, whose beliefs bring them to give `Thanks', and maintain their positive attitude. I have also met believers that have inhibited their lives with the attitude, "God will provide."
The author, M.L. Gutierrez is a member of Mensa International, has a Statistics and MBA degree. The detailed comparisons leave little doubt to the years of endless research and personal conviction on the subject. I doubt anyone would argue the author's conclusion, "we need a universal code of ethics" and "the suffering of one nation reverberates throughout all mankind."
I would Recommend this book to any inquisitive mind and all Theology Classes. As for me, a new challenge and many questions have just begun.
Reviewer: Cheryl Heinrichs, Allbooks Review
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
Reader Reviews for "The Bible Dilemma"
|Reviewed by Maurice Muli
|How can i get a copy of this Book? Am in kenya in Africa,kindly keep me posted thro' my Email Add. mauricemakato.yahoo.com. Regards|