The first book in the five volume Essentials series empowers you to:
Essential 1 - Take responsibility for your development.
Essential 2 - Make and implement decisions.
Essential 3 - Identify values that make work meaningful.
Essential 4 - Lead true to your best!
You are good at what you do, be it sales, technical work, managing clients, or care giving. You are passionate about it. Therefore the logic goes, you will be good at leading and managing a team in doing that same work.
However, succeeding on your own as an expert and leading and managing a team are two different jobs. The first may be your natural gift; the second you may find ackward and challenging.
For most people, the first experience of leading and managing a team is disconcerting. There is a reason for this. You experience an identity crisis as you take on the roles and rigors of leading a team. What worked before doesn't work anymore. Personal effort and expertise used to be your ticket to success. Now you succeed or fail on the quality of work produced by other people. Your assignment is to accomplish the tasks through team members.
Ready... Set... Lead!
This book will improve your ability to lead. It is filled with solid ideas and practical steps. Essentials is a proven path of effective leadership. It will teach you the essentials of thinking and acting as the leader of your team.
- You will learn to seize daily leadership opportunities.
- You will learn how leaders overcome discouragement.
- You will learn how to develop your leadership abilities.
- You will learn thre principles for increasing your effectiveness.
- You will learn the habits of good leaders.
- You will learn what to do next to build the business you envision.
- You will learn why clear values are essential to your success.
- You will learn to increase your inner strength
- You will learn about the power of your quiet agenda.
This book will help you understand and utilize the secret of good leadership: Bring your true and best to leadership every day. That's what your team, your business and your organization needs. That is what will make you a good leader. To bring your true and best to life and leadership, you will be 1) a realistic leader, 2) an effective leader, 3) a reflective leader, and 4) an authentic leader.Dr. Parrott also developed a leadership seminar series call ESSENTIALS: The Proven Path of Effective Leadership.
Find information on Dr. Parrott's Essentials Leadership Seminars at: www.SeizeYourLife.com.