This is the first novel in the only series on Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders (FASD):
- written for preteens, teenagers, those living with FASD.
- told from the pjoint of view of a child living with these undiagnosed, invisible disabilities.
- telling an uplifting, yet realistic story of interracial adoption, a young boy, and his two loving and committed mothers.
- having a therapeutic effect for adopted children, birth, foster, and adoptive parents and relatives.
Other books in the 9 Lives Trilogy:
- Book 2 - 9 Lives, Cat Tales
- Book 3 - 9 Lives, Full Circle
Advanced Book Exchange
Barnes and Noble
Joshua is a tenacious young boy who, like a lucky feline, appears to live a charmed life by defying death on several occasions. His challenges began while he was still in his birth mother's womb. This is a story of survival, and the interracial adoption of an older, special needs child, into a home with two loving and committed
I've been told that I'm like a cat. People say that cats are lucky because they have nine lives. Somehow, they can survive eight brushes with death. If it's true that I'm like a cat, then I'm eighteen years old and already on life #5. Even my very existence is a miracle.