Antoine Archange Raphael
· Les sources de valeurs
· The sources of values
· Food for thought
· Matière à penser
· A stranger's wonderful chronicles, Book 2
· Les merveilleuses chroniques d'un étranger, Livre 2
· Marcel, the young positive mind, Book 2
· Marcel, le jeune esprit positif, Livre 2
· Derrick, le sage adolescent et son association salvatrice
· Victimes de la tyrannie des instincts
· La signification de la justice dans Vaudou, dans les limites de la loi
· L'harmonie et le contraste, l'atout féminin
· The female element in Harmony and Contrast, the female impact, by Antoine
· The essential role of requited love in Ninny's home, the confrontation
· Le rôle primordial de l'amour partagé dans la maison de Nini, la confronta
· L'âge énigmatique de Marcel, dans Marcel, le jeune esprit positf
· La signification de Le drame haïtien, une tournure inquiétante de l'histoi
· The meaning of The Haitian drama, history taking the wrong turn
· The meaning of philosophy in Mutual discovery, at the end of the tunnel
· La signification de la philosophie dans La découverte mutuelle, au bout du
· Le mariage
· Autre que je suis
· La belle Jasmine
· Sunset in N'kamba
· Un coucher de soleil à N'kamba
· Un simple geste
· A simple gesture
· A moment of silence
· Une minute de recueillement
· Other than I
· Where to find new editions of my works
Antoine Archange Raphael, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
|| March 14, 20011
Click here to buy this book!
your Signed copy today!
Many of the poems have a didactical ambition such as “suicide” which discourages the suicidal attitude right from the beginning, taking it for an insult to that rich arrays of positive assets we, as human beings, naturally possess.
Next, the poem goes as far as to propose remedy for this human tragedy.
By the same token the poem “si vis pacem, para bellum” makes us think about the uselessness of wars raging through human generations. Then, it suggests new formulae that could help us improving on our international and national relationships.
“A moment of silence” invites us to remember the masses, the underdog, the millions of working people making possible the outcome of the wonders of the world. It above all reminds us that the anonymous, the forgotten are the true breeding ground, the foundation of mankind, throughout ages. We should have done our best to at least insure them of the basic necessities.
“Love” aims at the dilemma of its own nature. It is as old as mankind; but it is still fragile, fleeting, always in a trance.
“A sheet of paper” tells us about its flat and dormant conscience that may wake up either in a trash can or in a tumultuous and captivating situation.
“Marriage” tries to describe the “very” nature of communal life.
“Doubt” is confused with an explanation of convenience, without losing its overwhelming and sad privilege of human beings.
“Reason” complains about our treating it as a poor relation and with no consideration before our actions.
Would you believe that “The bag” and a man are the elects of a marvelous destiny?
“Nightmare” puts the sleeper in such intense situation that, waking up with a start, he blows a kiss of gratitude to the dazzling sun and his smiling wife.
You can imagine the author’s puzzlement: He couldn’t have any “favorite”. They are all inviting topics.
Many of these poems have already appeared in my literary works. A list of these appears at the end of this brochure.
I hope you would take delight in these writings.
Antoine Archange Raphael
Barnes & Noble.com
It's a compilation of various poems expressing exciting topics.
It is my first book of poems. I strive to respond to the poetic wish aiming at presenting to the reader a mixture of sounds, rhythms, images and emotions, as well as a feast for the eyes and the ears. If I haven’t succeeded, it wouldn’t be for lack of trying.
I haven’t chosen any order and category. Some poems express joy of living, a desire to dabble in verse. Others describe a not too joyful emotional reality. This half-hearted mixture derives from my complex role as an observer, an actor, an appraiser.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!