Barnes & Noble.com
A Book in a Year
A Book in a Year
The Torah in a Year™ is the first book in a series of books that has been created in order to provide a disciplined and organized system to learn a new skill or subject. Each subject is broken down into daily readings. The reader is to complete a manageably sized daily reading in order to master a subject within one year.
Day 4 January 4th
14. And the name of the third river is Tigris; that is it which goeth toward the east of Asshur. And the fourth river is the Euphrates.
15. And HaShem G-d took the man, and put him into the garden of Eden to dress it and to keep it.
16. And HaShem G-d commanded the man, saying: 'Of every tree of the garden thou mayest freely eat;
17. but of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die.'
18. And HaShem G-d said: 'It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him a help meet for him.'
19. And out of the ground HaShem G-d formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto the man to see what he would call them; and whatsoever the man would call every living creature, that was to be the name thereof.
20. And the man gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found a help meet for him.
21. And HaShem G-d caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the place with flesh instead thereof.
22. And the rib, which HaShem G-d had taken from the man, made He a woman, and brought her unto the man.
23. And the man said: 'This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh; she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.'
24. Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife, and they shall be one flesh.
25. And they were both naked, the man and his wife, and were not ashamed.