This book provides a roadmap for anyone - from body builders to exercise beginners and from personal trainers to overweight dieters - striving to achieve optimal heath. Penitentiary Fitness gives men and women of all ages, and all walks of life, the success strategies required to develop the body they've always dreamed of having.
Barnes & Noble.com
Direct Music Cafe
No Equipment, No Gym, No added Expense, Incredible Results!
When the California Department of Corrections took away their weights the inmates created an exercise regime using push-up and pull-up type workouts that enabled them to develop physiques like Olympic gymnasts.
You will find:
- Cutting edge strategies for men who want ripped abs and rock hard muscles.
- Proven techniques for women who want a trim tummy and a shapely derrier.
- 16 creative workouts that can be performed at the park or in the convenience of your own home
Discover The Amazing Weight Loss Formula
J. Barrett Hawkins studied hundreds of weight loss research studies from the world's top medical schools and discovered that specific foods, nutritional supplements and types of exercise consistantly produced dramatic results. This led to an epiphany: Hawkins recognized that if a person did everything that modern science dictates should be done to lose weight, then that person would have the best possible results. He cross-referenced and synthesized the information in the research studies and applied that knowledge to the convict's unique style of training. The result is the most effective weight loss book available today. The program includes:
- Medical sciences 20 fat loss secrets
- Training methods guaranteed to raise your metabolism and fat-burning ability
- 36 delicious, healthy meal recipes
- An in-depth discussion on nutrition, plus a diet plan that will empower you to lose weight while eating six meals every day
Looking for Weight Loss or Fitness Related Book Excerpts?
Penitentiary Fitness: The Amazing Weight Loss Formula is a secret filled guide for fitness enthusiasts, bodybuilders and people who aspire to lose weight. With no professional credentials, debut author, convicted felon J. Barrett Hawkins, based the book’s recommendations on research studies conducted at the world’s top medical schools and universities. The foreword is written by Dr. Alan Londe, Chief of Staff at Barnes Jewish West County Hospital, St. Louis, Missouri. He writes, “Within the confines of a penitentiary Barrett gives direction to all of us who strive for health using up-to-date scientific research and common sense methods acquired with limited resources.”
The chapters below have been excerpted from Penitentiary Fitness and can be provided via e-mail or on disc. Pre-publication first serial rights are currently available. Photos of the author, and additional related materials are available for immediate download from the media section of the author’s web site www.penfit.com/onlinepresskit. To discuss using one or more chapters from this book call Dark Planet Publishing,
1. Medical Science’s 20 Fat Loss Secrets
Tips from the world’s foremost weight loss researchers.
2. Aerobic Training
Learn how to raise your metabolism with high intensity interval training.
Includes a side bar listing fun aerobic training activities.
3. Resistance Training
Learn to raise your metabolism and develop muscle mass with resistance training. Includes the “Neuromuscular response” and “hormonal response”.
4. Rest and Recovery
Learn why rest is critical for muscle development and weight loss. Includes tips for fast recovery and restful sleep.
5. Lockdown: The Prisoner’s 20 Minute Total Body Workout
A circuit training routine that develops muscle mass and aerobic fitness for timed starved individuals.
6. The Walk in Nature Workouts
Tap into the healing properties of sunshine, fresh air and beautiful scenery with workouts that can be performed while going for a walk.
7. Peak Performance Training
Two advanced body-weight resistance training workouts that deliver simultaneous results in muscle development and weight loss.
8. The Convict’s Lean & Mean Workouts Learn advanced training techniques designed to target mitochondria, the energizers within cells that convert food into energy. Includes two workouts: The bulking phase and the cutting phase.