Starting and running a successful art business is just like starting and running any other business. To create a vibrant and sustainable art enterprise, you need to have a basic understanding of how business works. You don’t need an MBA, but you do need to know about business and marketing.
In art school, they probably didn’t teach you much about the business end of selling your work or what it takes to run a company. Don’t worry, you don’t need to enroll in business school to get a good grasp of the basics – you’ll find them this book. The Artist’s Business and Marketing ToolBox gives you real-life examples you can use, as well as the tools you need to develop your business and marketing plan.
The 355 - page book is written in a language that is easy for non-business people to understand and includes over 90 worksheets to help in preparing a business and marketing plan.
In the Artist’s Business and Marketing ToolBox you will learn the basics of:
• Starting a new business
• Developing your brand
• How to take advantage of opportunities and capitalize on your strengths
• The business planning process and putting together your own plan
• Accounting and finance essentials
• Becoming more productive in creating your art
• Managing and organizing your company
• Developing and implementing effective strategies for:
- Public relations
- Pricing and selling your art
- Effective web sites
- Networking and social media