Shift from feeling disheartened by your health challenges to feeling empowered to create optimal health in your life.
Power of TED*
Based upon the principles found in David Emerald's foundational work known as TED* (*The Empowerment Dynamic)™, and seen in action throughout TED* for Diabetes: A Health Empowerment Story, this Guide is a supportive Coach helping you create a positive approach to any health challenges. Beyond your own wellness journey, exploring health empowerment also helps caregivers and health care professionals discover ways to improve caregiving relationships and find renewed energy for supporting loved ones.
Reading The Power of TED* or TED* for Diabetes before starting these activities is recommended. After working with A Guide for Empowered Living with Health Challenges we are confident you will:
- Become aware of the barriers that stand in the way of creating optimal health;
- Understand how you relate to your current health challenge – or to the health challenge of someone close to you;
- Identify what inhibits and supports your steps toward a more positive approach to your health goals;
- Discover the TED* roles of Creator, Challenger and Coach and how they will support you in feeling empowered rather than disheartened by your health challenges; and
- Learn to apply these insights in creating your own personal Optimal Health Plan and begin manifesting a life of purpose, health and well-being for yourself and those around you.
It is time that we revisit the objectives of this workbook. Throughout the activities you have identified, on a personal level, the frameworks described in The Power of TED* and TED* for Diabetes. The progression of activities you stepped through empowered you to seek out the more positive and resourceful roles of TED*, in addition to ways to recognize opportunities to making “shifts happen”. The final step of applying Dynamic Tension, along with a Creator Orientation, can now be a life-long and continuous choice for you.