Whether you sobered up recently or 15 years ago, you may be wondering what to tell your kids about your past addiction.
Claudia shows readers five very different families and how these parents have talked to their kids about recovery, relapse and the child's own vulnerability to using drugs and alcohol in an addictive manner.
Topics addressed include:
* Basic healing messages for young children
* How to talk to children of all ages about addiction
* How to discuss genetic and environmental influences that can contribute to becoming addicted
* How parents can begin making amends and building sober relationships with their children
* Age-appropriate strategies to reduce a child's risk for experimenting with drugs and alcohol