This award-winning book offers profound revelations and 100+ special language and action tools for effective parenting. The unique “Universal Blueprint™” problem-solving system empowers parents to find a customized solution to any parenting challenge — from toddlers to teens and beyond. This one-stop resource is a favorite with parents and family professionals.
Barnes & Noble.com
When Jody Johnston Pawel, LSW, CFLE started teaching parenting classes over 20 years ago, she used several parenting curricula her parent-educator parents used. Soon, she was referencing dozens of resources to give parents the comprehensive education they needed. She took on the daunting task of creating one comprehensive resource for parents and parent educators that met the needs of diverse populations and children of all ages. For ten years, she researched hundreds of resources compiling the best proven-effective parenting skills. While organizing these skills and offering parents guidelines for using them, she discovered consistently reliable “formulas” for identifying the most appropriate, customized response to individual parenting situations and delivering it effectively. Her “Universal Blueprint™” uses theories and practices familiar to most parent educators and proven effective for over three generations — but unites them in a revolutionary new way. The “system” is useful with children of any age, to handle any parenting challenge, and is even effective in couple, teaching, and business relationships.
The local United Way helped Jody develop outcome-focused evaluation methods for her parent education curriculum, which she used in seven years of fields tests with hundreds of family-service professionals and over 3000 parents of diverse populations. The results: 100% of parenting class participants showed skill improvement. In March, 2000, The Parent’s Toolshop™ book was published and distributed nationwide, gaining media attention and several awards, such as The National Parenting Center’s Seal of Approval. There are already over two dozen professionals throughout the U.S. who are certified to use The Parent’s Toolshop as their parent education curriculum of choice. Jody’s goal is to share the resources she has developed for parents, family-service professionals and parent educators, worldwide, in the hopes they will benefit from the profound revelations, practical parenting tools and programming options they offer.
What The Parent’s Toolshop™ Does:
The Parent's Toolshop™ and its Universal Blueprint™ offers parents three major benefits:
1. A UNIVERSAL plan for effective parenting.
2. A way to apply this plan in ways that meet the INDIVIDUAL needs of each individual family, even when these needs (such as personalities or backgrounds) differ from other families or among family members.
3. The freedom for parents to express their UNIQUE PERSONAL STYLE, while using the Universal Blueprint™ and its tools.
The Top Ten Unique Traits of The Parent’s Toolshop™
The Parent’s Toolshop™:
1. Is COMPREHENSIVE; a one-stop resource that equals dozens of books combined.
2. Is ACCURATE, instead of fostering myths or giving inaccurate information.
3. Is ORGANIZED, instead of randomly presenting helpful ideas.
4. Is UNIVERSALLY APPLICABLE, instead of discussing only one topic, skill, developmental stage, or type of relationship.
5. Is PRACTICAL, not just philosophical, it teaches the special language and actions of effective parenting and offers dozens of real-life stories, examples and applications.
6. Offers POSITIVE, realistic solutions, instead of focusing on what not to do.
7. Is EFFECTIVE. Parents learn why, when, and how to use each tool to its full potential and avoid common misuses.
8. Is CONSISTENTLY RELIABLE. Every tool is consistent in philosophy, has been proven effective for generations, and can be cross-referenced with reliable parenting resources.
9. Produces POSITIVE LONG-TERM RESULTS, instead of proposing quick-fix methods that backfire later or have unhealthy long-term results.
10. GUARANTEES RESULTS! In over seven years of field tests, 100% of more than 3000 participating parents improved their parenting skills in pre-post skill assessments. Anyone who reads this book and consistently uses the tools will improve their parenting skills — guaranteed.