Quick guide and reference book for men (fathers) and women (mothers) who want to or are starting to coach any youth sport! Pocket sized durable high quality cover and paper to carry with autograph section.
Barnes & Noble.com
Endorsed by future Hall of Famer Cal Ripken, Jr.!
The Ten Commandments of Coaching Young, Aspiring Athletes
- Thou shall always REMEMBER to be a positive role model
at all times both on and off the field.
- Thou shall always remember to EXERCISE great care
and caution when both praising and disciplining players.
- Thou shall always remember to MANAGE time and resources
wisely while always being prompt.
- Thou shall always remember to be ENTHUSIATIC and encouraging
by always realizing who you are dealing with.
- Thou shall always remember to emphasize the MESSAGE of
stressing the team concept versus the individual.
- Thou shall always remember to BE conscious of all apparent
and subtle safety hazards that may be present.
- Thou shall always remember to attempt to EDUCATE players by
teaching proper fundamentals and skills through appropriate demonstrations techniques
- Thou shall always remember to establish ROUTINES and regimens
for stretching and warming up before the actual start of practice or games.
- Thou shall always remember to make it a point to IDENTIFY personally
with each player on the team.
- Thou shall always remember as a coach, that in order to be able to
TEACH anything you must be committed to learning about it.
Remember it & PLAY BALL!