Marshalling the Mind
The secret of success is always attached to one word, Persistence. Persistence is a state of mind, therefore it can be cultivated. Link all states of mind, persistence is based upon definite causes. Among them look upon these:
1. Definiteness of purpose: Knowing what one wants is the foremost step towards developing persistence. A strong motive forces one to surmount many difficulties.
2. Desire: It is comparatively easy to acquire and to maintain persistence in pursuing the object of intense desire.
3. Self-reliance: Belief in one's ability to carry out a plan encourages one to follow the plan through persistence.
4. Definiteness of Plans: Organised plans, even though they may be weak and entirely impractical, encourages persistence.
5. Accurate Knowledge: Knowing that one's plans are sound, based upon experience or observation, encourages persistence. "Guessing" instead of "Knowing" destroys persistence.
6. Co-operation: Sympathy, understanding and harmonious co-operation with others tend to develop persistence.
7. Will-Power: The habit of concentrating one's thoughts upon the building of plans for the attainment of a definite purpose, leads to persistence.
8. Habit: Persistence is the direct result of habit. The mind absorbs and becomes a part of the daily experiences upon which it feeds.
Attitude is everything in life. Much has been said about it, but for now let us resort to the lexican ideas, both to gather fun and to generate some metaphorical association with them to our lives:
a) A complex mental state involving beliefs and feelings and values and dispositions to act in certain ways;
b) Position or arrangement of the body and its limbs;
c) A theatrical pose created for effect;
d) Position of aircraft or spacecraft relative to a frame of reference (the horizon or direction of motion)
Add this juice if feeling dried up:
Practice makes the Habit
Habit creates the Attitude
Attitude makes the Person
Let's not resort to the heavy definition like the cognitive process of acquiring skill or knowledge. Let us think about knowing, retaining and applying what we know, with a focus on effective communication, in which we need to occupy others' minds.
Basket of Emotion
If we are out to occupy others' minds, we must know about its 14 ELEMENTS. Let us name it as The Basket of Emotion.
1. Interest: It's all about the sense of concern with and curiosity about someone or something. It deals with the power of attracting or holding one's interest (because it is unusual or exciting) on something.
2. Sympathy: This appeals to the tender emotions of those who have known what suffering is, or who have heard of it and been stirred to the innermost nature by the recital. It does more than any other thing to drive thoughts out of the mind and to fill their place with the purposes of those who arouse the sympathy.
3. Kindness: As long as it can be made to seem sincere, it has great influence over others. However much depends on the character of the person to be reached......