"We believe that this book will lay the ground work for the growth and appreciation of both the Enneagram and coaching, showing the way toward greater excellence in both fields. The author, Roxanne Howe-Murphy, is uniquely suited, in both background and the depth of her personal development, to the task of synthesis and creation that she has set for herself."
Excerpt from the Foreword by Don Richard Riso and Russ Hudson, Authors of the best-selling book Wisdom of the Enneagram
Nine Leading Edge Ideas from Deep Coaching
1) Each of the nine dominant Enneagram types has its own version of an internal (and hidden) architectural blueprint which, unknown to us, shapes our internal dialogue, our perception of ourself, of others, and of our relationship to the world. Here we (or our clients) cannot be aware of real choices.
2) We come to the stunning realization that we are NOT who we think we are, (thus, our clients are NOT who they think they are) and therein, is a basis of powerful coaching
3) When we awaken to the illusion created by the blueprint we come into REAL contact with that which is real, enduring and Essential within.
4) The easiest thing in the world is to live on automatic. Our most exciting journey is that of awakening.
5) When we make a U-Turn™ and go in the opposite direction of what we think we should do next, we discover amazing freedom and relief.
6) The Enneagram will support your clients understand that there is nothing "wrong" with them.
7) One of your greatest gifts as a coach is to help your clients 'disidentify' with their strong sense of attachment to a particular way of seeing themselves.
8) When we invite in what we have resisted in the past, transformation occurs.
9) The Enneagram is a map of love in action.
"As coaches, we have the unique opportunity to "be with" another human being who is engaged in the life-altering work of committing to and realizing his or her desires for a fulfilling, conscious life. We do our best to show up so that our clients can do the same, meeting somewhere in the client's familiar inner world and traveling together to new territory that yields remarkable possibilities and realities that at one time seemed but a distant dream." (Excerpt, p.3)
- The Deep Coaching Mode™ provides a compelling context for the coaching process. Presence-based coaching practices form the foundation for advancing transformative and sustainable outcomes.
- Case studies and type-specific considerations for selecting coaching strategies and fieldwork applications are given.
- The book offers coaching cues, guide sheets, and examples of powerful questions that interrupt habitual patterns and open doors to the client's truer nature.
- A systematic approach to "Unraveling the Inner Story" helps to create perspective and choice.
- Readers learn how to discern the use of three "entry points" as catalysts for engaging multiple sources of intelligence available to the individual.
What People Are Saying
"This book is a must read for both novice and experienced professional coaches, and anyone interested in the coaching process. Roxanne’s insight into Deep Coaching and how the Enneagram personality system can be used as a critical coaching tool to support life shifts transformations is invaluable! Her loving and supportive presence comes through on these pages."
Suzanne Glazer, Training and Development Specialist and Career Coach, Harvard Business School
"Dr. Howe-Murphy equips her readers with deeply intelligent, invigoratingly accessible tools for the coaching professional. Her book delivers high-impact, creative Enneagram coaching applications that reverberate with generations of the highest of Enneagram thought. It is a recommended training text to all of our coaches at the Center for Relationship."
Ronna Phifer-Ritchie, Ph.D. VP, The Center for Relationship/Silicon Valley, Executive Director Enneagrowth
"Roxanne Howe-Murphy has combined her wisdom and talent for teaching and coaching with her considerable depth of understanding of the Enneagram to create a wonderful and well-crafted book for coaches (and everyone else who works with helping people grow and change). Her models are valuable additions to the Enneagram literature, and she presents the material with clarity. Don't miss this outstanding new book!"
Belinda Gore, Ph.D., Director The Enneagram Institute of Ohio
"Dr. Roxanne Howe-Murphy’s depth of understanding of and ability to communicate the teachings of the Enneagram are unsurpassed. Her book is a comprehensive hands-on tool for coaches that will inform and guide their work with clients as well as deepen their own self knowledge and personal development."
Barbara Mark, Ph.D., executive coach, author and President of Full Circle Institute
"Love the book…can’t put it down. The section "The Practice of Presence in Deep Coaching" is especially insightful. The layout is TERRIFIC and the ideas are wonderfully accessible. I haven’t read such a clear book since Wisdom of the Enneagram. Heaps of praise."
Grace Holland, M.A., Speech Coach and Editorial Consultant
"I am 'deep'into your new book, and it couldn’t have come at a better time. It’s so engaging, and it feels as though it’s speaking right to me. When I read the part about helping the client to do a "U-turn" and read the "U-turn" for my own type, I started to cry—a sure sign of the presence of personal truth. I know the book will help me enormously in my quest on my own path. The tone of the book models compassion and clarity, not an easy combination to achieve in writing. I’m thrilled to get to "take you with me" in a whole new way, and I know that others who read it will have the same feeling. The book is already a great success in its inception; may it be received with the enthusiasm it deserves"
JoAnn Bellow, LCSW
"Successful people hire coaches because they want to go beyond realizing their personal and professional goals and experience deeper satisfaction. "Deep Coaching" gives coaches a powerful tool to support their clients on their path to personal mastery and success, however that may be defined. Understanding the Enneagram gives their clients greater access to their unique approach, talents, and gifts which they often can’t see without such a robust approach."
Ann Roulac, Coach, Prosperity Catalyst and author of Power, Passion & Purpose: 7 Steps to Energizing Your Life
"I have recently bought your Deep Coaching book, and have not been able to put it down. It is one of the best most concise books I have read to date on the enneagram. I am intrigued by the concept of using the enneagram in my coaching and it has helped me understand my children so much better……….I have been reading your book again today as it has such a wealth of information, it feels like a coaching bible. I really enjoy this book so much."
Lydia Mattison CPC, Trinidad www.empoweringspace.com
Purchase Deep Coaching
U.S. Residents: You may order your copy of Deep Coaching directly from Lifewise Learning Institute by following the link below. Shipping is included.
Purchase your copy! (U.S. only)
Non-U.S. Residents: You may order Deep Coaching from Amazon.