The meaning of a poem cannot ever be stick to one understanding as every individual sees in his own way. As the poems included in this book are mainly personal and based on the personal social experiences, so in this preview I would like to give a one or two line description of all the poems included in my book “Expressions – My Mind’s Impressions”.
1. A Silent Proposal - It presents the love of a lady towards her lover which she remains unable to express verbally so she writes a song to hand over to him.
2. Can You Be Only Mine - What a woman wants from a man, her husband which he always fails to understand.
3. Extremity to Eternity - However much a man earns through wealth, a craving for peace in his heart remains.
4. Will You Marry Me? - The misery of a lonely old man who craves for the woman who really loved him at his young age but he left her for flirting with others.
5. Let’s Make Him a Man - It discusses the ways how terrorists can be humanized and made to realize the pain which they give to the world.
6. Lovely or Ugly - It discusses the two faces of love which can be both, either destructive or constructive.
7. A Beggar’s World - The emotions of a mother who feels sorry about her new born child as he will also be called a beggar like her in the world of beggars.
8. If You Love Someone - The love of a person is worthless until the time the other understands it.
9. Three Things Always Matter - Three things which always affect our lives.
10. Unison to Salvation - It discusses the purpose of God for creating both men and women on the earth.
11. A Warrior’s Daughter - It presents the emotions of a daughter who pleads to stop the war in which she lost her father.
12. Universal Trends - It discusses some trends of the universe which man has followed since his evolution on the earth.
13. A Victim of Beauty - The rising graph of innocent women in our community. A question is raised. Who is responsible? Her beauty or the person who destroys it.
14. Fission and Fusion: The Nuclear Confusion - Presents the repercussions of the nuclear war if it is ever initiated by us as we have already accumulated the dangerous weapons for it.
15. Unjust Justice - The emotions of a woman who couldn't achieve happiness in her love.
16. My Soul…My Companion - The misery of a person who lacks support from every sphere of the world but gets the support from his soul who consider him to be correct and encourages him to move forward in life.
17. What a Contrast!! - This presents the contrast between a human mind and a human heart, living in a single body, how they differ from each other.
18. Poverty versus Prosperity - It presents the difference created between human beings because of wealth.
19. Crush to Marriage - It presents the journey of a woman from her crush to her permanent love and the happy dissolution of all in her marriage.
20. Chained Freedom - It presents the condition of the present age man who runs throughout his life to satisfy his dreams of wealth and happiness but dies frustrated at the end as his soul remains unsatisfied with those lavish but temporary goals.
21. Loved and Left - In reference to a line which was used by one of the characters in the drama "All for Love" written by John Dryden. This poem gives an answer to the sentence and shows that although to be loved and left can be a good experience for same, but can’t stand true for everyone.
22. My Man - The emotions of a woman who thanks god for fulfilling her dreams and providing the man of her imaginations as her life partner.
23. I Dream of America - It presents the dream of a 10-year old child who has never been to America and sets the imaginations about the nation on the basis of what he watches on television.
24. My First Love Experience - The emotions of a young girl who has fallen in love for the first time and is amazed at the change which she finds in herself and the way she looks at the world.
25. Artificial Glitter - On the artificiality of the modern age where people prefer to do those works which bring them in the limelight without giving any kind of importance to satisfaction and happiness.
26. Indelible Marks - The emotions of a woman who is separated from her lover but not able to forget her lover's reminisces, as it was the first and the sweetest experience of her life.
27. Cunning Innocence - It deals with the sufferings a woman undergoes after being cheated by her lover. But ends with an optimistic note as she decides to succeed in her life and also teach him a lesson even if she had to go to the extent of taking revenge from him.
28. Love and Physicality - The permanence of love and the reasons that makes it temporary for some and permanent for others.
29. Oh Dear!! - The differences between the ways a human mind and a human heart deals with distressing situations in a human life.
30. Modern World - It deals with the depression which has crept in the modern world due to obsession with the wealth and importance to the appearance.
31. Beware Machine Age!! - It presents the adverse affects on nature because of the growth of technologies in the modern age. It warns the human beings for playing with nature.
32. Thanks, My Cheat - It presents the emotions of a girl who after being cheated by her lover decides to succeed in her life and achieve much higher goals than him even if she had to take revenge on him.