Then it Rained is a triumphant story of one child’s determination to challenge conventional wisdom, make his voice heard and live his life to the fullest - whatever the weather!
WHAT IS THIS BOOK ABOUT?
James finds his frustration mounting as time and again his plans are called off because of the rain. Finally pushed to the breaking point, he makes his voice heard:
“I was four and then five, pretty soon I’ll be seven. I’m NOT staying inside until I’m eleven!”
It's the perfect reminder for everyone that sometimes in life, you just have to put your gumboots on and jump in with both feet!
- days of the week
- numbers and counting
- communication - using your words to get what you want
- dealing with frustration
- large print good for learning to read
- words that are stressed when reading aloud are in larger type to help learn the rhythm and inflections for reading aloud with expression
- Teaching Unit / Curriculum Guide coming soon
- Classroom Visits & Writing Workshops by the author available - see the author's website.
PRAISE for Then it Rained
"First there are only 500,045 drops of rain, but as the child's plans keep getting ruined, that number jumps into the billions. It's delightfully childlike hyperbole...Stranaghan captures the exhilaration, and sometimes the frustration, that comes with being a child."