This book describes how to eliminate poverty and create trillions of dollars in new wealth by making wiser economic choices.
your Signed copy today!
Price: $3.99 (eBook)
Download to your Kindle (eBook)
Barnes & Noble.com
This is a tale about freedom--freedom to think, freedom to choose, freedom to achieve at your potential. Freedom is a gift we give ourselves. Without it, we are slaves. With it, we can literally change the world.
Come along on a journey that will challenge your abilities to overcome obstacles. You'll also discover how demand-side economics and the art of critical thinking can help you increase your health and your wealth. Critical thinking will help you rid yourself of every hindrance that has ever held you back. As you make wiser economic choices, you will become self-reliant, the "master of your fate, the captain of your soul."
Each of us must embark upon a journey in life for which we are not very well prepared. Regardless of our health, wealth, or family ties at some point we must all break away from familiar persons and places and find our own way to our economic destinations. Perhaps 20 percent of working Americans have a clear goal in mind, as well as the means and the un-derstanding about how to get there. The other 80 percent lack the resources and the knowledge, thus they are much less certain about their goals or how to achieve them. If you are among the 120 million residents who have not yet realized your dreams, this book is for you.
Your course is a difficult one. With little wealth to fall back on, and few networks for support, you will find many obstacles in your way. This means you’ve got to be a lot smarter at every turn than most others, and you must be able to recognize the few opportunities that will present themselves. Along the way you must also make a lot of choices in your daily life without knowing whether any given choice will ultimately help or hurt. This book has no ready answers about the actual choices you will face; it can only help you to recognize which are in your best interest. This much is cer-tain: The less prepared you are at the start, the more hazardous your journey will be, and the more you will be challenged. Still, the single greatest asset that can help you find your way through this maze cannot be bought or borrowed; it cannot be given to you or even stumbled onto by accident. It is the art of choosing wisely. Life can be a lot more rewarding when you learn how to make good choices. But in or-der to make good choices, you must be free to choose. To be free to choose, you must learn how to think for yourself. That is what this book is all about—learning how to think freely, in your own interest, and toward your own goals. If each of us could master just those elements in our journey through life, we would all be health-ier, wealthier, and life would be much more fulfilling.
John Sappe, Ed.D
About 20 percent of the American working population has progressed in the economic realm to a point where they control the factors that have given them a comfortable and secure economic standing. The remaining 80 percent, for one reason or many, do not have this feeling of comfort and security. For those who wish to gain more control over their economic well-being Dr. Phillips offers guarded optimism.
“The legal, political, economic, and cultural environments are hostile as they relate to your upward mobility in the pursuit of your dreams. They do not welcome you at all. Indeed, they confront you at every entry point and in every manner imaginable. Breaking through the network of obstacles to your fair share of the economic pie is like playing against a stacked deck of cards and against the most skilled players. They hold all the good cards, they have the lion’s share of the chips, and they can see your every move. Still, you have a good—albeit uphill—chance to win at this game. To do so requires that you become empowered to win.”
If you share Dr. Phillips' observation then the message of this book will be of great benefit to you – DIRECTLY. The concepts presented here will inspire you to become empowered.
If you place yourself in the 20 percent group you likely hold a winning hand. You also probably know someone who struggles to understand the legal, political, economic, and cultural factors that might hold them back. Could you... should you... give them a glimpse of your winning hand? The hand you bear could hold the secret that may improve their “chance to win at this game”. If your inclination is to share then this book is a welcomed bridge for you and that special someone to travel upon together toward their empowerment.
To all that venture forth on “The New American Challenge” I extend a hail and hardy, Bon voyage. We have a common destination and I hope to see you there.
Robert Johnson, Ph.D.
This is a great book for the era of change. [It has] 200 smooth-reading pages packed with wisdom, economic information for all, and exceptionally thought-provoking ideas. It advocates cultural change with huge benefits for both the individual and society as a whole.
The book is quite interesting while being very informative and motivating, a feat not many informational books can match. Most of the information provided is likely new to the vast majority of Americans.
Having completed my reading of the book, I wish I could cause this book to be required reading for all Americans over age 14. I am not naïve enough to believe my wish will come true, but that is how strongly I value the lessons to be gained by all who will read this book.
The sub-title, “How we can eliminate poverty and created trillions of dollars in new by making wiser economic choices” is certainly a subject most Americans would like to accomplish. Dr. Phillips is very convincing in describing how we can eliminate poverty without taking existing wealth from anyone, whether by taxes or any other means. He defines wealth as assets, not income.
The second of the two goals is for each of us to increase the national wealth by making wiser economic choices than we now make on matters that affect our personal wealth. In the chapter on “Private Wealth” Dr. Phillips uses Federal Reserve Statistics to point out that the top one percent of taxpayers owns almost 40% of U.S. wealth. If you are not in the top one percent of taxpayers (average wealth per person of $14.8 million,) then it may seem to you to be a rather inequitable distribution of wealth in what is supposed to be the “Land of Opportunity for ALL.”
In chapters 7 & 8 there are suggestions on how you can think critically (make better decisions) to increase your wealth and how you can avoid being misled by advertising “propaganda” and thus stop making illogical and wasteful purchases with your money. A logical and effective use of your money would be to purchase this book.
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!