Contents of Printed edition and $0.99 Kindle edition:
1. Title story. A fantasy.
2. The Reclamation of Edwin Drood. A comic conclusion to the famous unfinished novel by Charles Dickens.
3. Bethany. A romantic tale.
4. Contest Blues. Based on the writer's own experiences as a judge for various literary contests.
5. A Clean Sweep for Mazeppa. A romance.
6. A Jewel of an Idea. A humorous story, based on the author's own experiences as a director of a top-rated country club.
7. Vince Viner's Victory. A First Prize Winner in a prestigious annual literary event.
8. End of the Penny Section. Based on the author's own experiences as a deacon.
9. Anyone for Play Ball? Another story based on personal experence or observation, this time centered on a small but aggressive baseball club in a rural area of California.
10. Counter-Clockwise. A humorous story. Highly Commended in no less than three writing contests.
11. Dead Man Walking. A novelette, set in modern-day Egypt.
12. Step-Ladder Nine. A cross-genre story/poem. Highly Commended in a national literary competition.
13. Gone West. A humorous story.
14. Scent of Lotus on a Windy Day. Horror and suspense in Ancient Egypt. Short-listed in 3 contests.
15. Beachcombing: Your Questions Answered. Highly Commended in a contest for humorous prose.
For the $3.99 NOOK Book and other ebooks, the publisher has combined the stories and essays from my other prose anthology, "A Mountain of Many Treasures". So there are actually 27 prose pieces in this more expensive edition. It costs more, but you get more!