The Power of Thinking Differently
An imaginative guide to creativity, change, and the discovery of new ideas. The only book you'll ever need on the creative process and creative thinking.
Are you looking for new perspectives, new ideas, a creative approach, or a deeper sense of meaning? Discover an enchanted new world by harnessing The Power of Thinking Differently: An imaginative guide to creativity, change, and the discovery of new ideas.
Creativity is not just for a select few. These are skills that can be cultivated by anyone who can get a joke, says creative thinking speaker Javy W Galindo. Creativity is an inherent faculty of the brain—as is evident by our childhood. We simply need to remember how to use it.
The Power of Thinking Differently is a humorously enlightening book that reminds us how to do just that: access our brain’s natural creative capacities. Using fun language, it explores creative thinking through the rational lens of psychology, neuroscience, and popular creativity literature. At the same time, it exercises the imagination using analogy, fable, jokes, and puzzles. All readers will find themselves engaged as the book looks at creative approaches found in art, science, business, everyday living, wisdom traditions, the author’s experiences, and more.
The result is an enthralling journey that illuminates a concise path to thinking differently. You will never look at pickles and doughnuts the same way again.
What Will You Learn?
- The secrets to overcoming creative blocks and thinking habits.
- Universal creative thinking techniques for thinking out-of-the-box.
- How to be more insight prone: relax, play, and have a sense of humor.
- An adventurous 6-stage model of the creative process.
- The keys to cultivating creativity in groups.
- The roots of groupthink and cultural conflict.
- The distinction betweeen right-brain and left-brain thinkers.
- How to find creative inspiration and enhance your creative expression.
- Ways to relieve psychological suffering.
- Why thinking differently is a soul-enriching activity.
- How to find creative solutions to life’s many quandaries.