Borders Online Bookstore
You Know When
Is it really a ghostlike presence that "eliminates" the abusive spouses of several battered women?
- An intelligent, renowned, psychologist advises a battered professional woman to leaver her abusive husband.
- Her battering ram spouse stalks her after she moves to a protective shelter.
- Forcibly, he kidnaps her then drives her to a remote mountain cottage during a heavy snowstorm for a weekend of unrestrained sex.
- After a daring escape attempt, her husband recaptures her. Wrathful now, he shoves his wife down the basement steps, shoots at her, and leaves her to die in the eerie darkness.
- A romantic, muscular detective, the editor’s best male friend, is hot on their trail. He has always been secretly in love with her.
- Sadly, he is wounded and locked in an automobile trunk in subfreezing weather.
- Yet a ghostlike creature seems to be watching at a distance.
- This specter seems to be psychically aware of their horrible dilemma.
- Can this phantom save the two lovers or is it just a mere apparition of their frantic minds?
He closed the door and began to feel his way through the small room. A tidy chap, Thorsen knew exactly where each piece of furniture was positioned. When he did catch his foot on the edge of a hassock sitting in front of his favorite TV chair, it didn’t trip him; he simply repositioned it and continued across the room.
But when he felt for the light switch around the corner of the doorway leading into his dining room, his outstretched fingers never quite touched it. To his dismay he heard—click—as a handcuff was slapped around his left wrist. He grabbed at the entrapped hand only to feel a second cuff lock in place on the right wrist.
"Hey, what the hell is going on," he cried.