English for Medical Purposes:The Heart
The ebook version of English for Medical Purposes:The Heart. An overview of some of the language needed when doctors and nurses communicate about the heart.
Healthcare professionals such as doctors and nurses use skills in cardiac assessment on a daily basis. They need to be able to give instructions to patients before taking an ECG or blood pressure and often explain the result of medical and nursing activities to their patients. English for Medical Purposes: The Heart provides practice in authentic conversations which doctors and nurses have with their patients. Topics covered in the book include: Talking about heart diseases and conditions, medical terminology relating to the heart, Understanding Integrated Care Pathways, The Crash Trolley, Phlebotomy, Discussing ECGs,Talking about anticoagulant therapy, discussing blood pressure and heart medications.
1. Medical terminology: the heart
2. Medical terminology: cardiac diseases and conditions
3. Healthcare Professionals: Angiographers
4. Integrated Care Pathway - Coronary Artery Angioplasty
5. The Crash Trolley
7. ECG – performing an ECG
8. Anticoagulant Therapy – INR
9. Vital Signs - talking about blood pressure
10. Medication – heart disease