How did your favorite band choose its name? Did they select several names then draw one out of a hat? What if they wound up being the group Men Without Hats, what then? Find out if your favorite group is among the 300 bands included in Volume 1 of this new yearly encyclopedia of music trivia.
Direct from the author on CD!
Here are just seven GREAT reasons to buy this book:
1. It is a trivia book and we know you love trivia.
2. It is a book about musicians, mainly rock musicians, and we know you love rock and roll!3. It is written humorously, but we never make fun of a band!
4. You can read this book repeatedly. You can also, read it for a while, put it down, and then pick it up later without missing a beat (Sorry about that!).
5. It is addicting to read. Once you find out about one band, you begin thinking about another, look them up, then another, look them up, and so on, until you have finally read the entire work---and want more!
6. This book has a "regional" feel to it. We do not discriminate, nor even distinguish between, the up-and-coming garage bands or established superstars!
7. It is fun to have around! Bring it out at parties for stump-your-friends games!
MEN WITHOUT HATS - This is a "take your pick" explanation for the origin of this truly great band name. One story is that the band took their name from an observation that has been attributed to Charles Darwin. He reportedly noted that monkeys are just little "men without hats." The second explanation, it is reported, stems from a typographical error. One night as the group was about to go on stage, they were supposed to be introduced as Men Without Hate. Instead the announcer, not being able to read the note he was given, told the crowd that Men Without Hats were about to perform. The band liked this name better and stuck with it. This latter explanation seems plausible since the band subsequently released an album with the title, The Adventures of Women & Men Without Hate In the 21st Century