· My Dog Is My Hero
· Where The Redwing Sings
· Through Katrina's Eyes, Poems from an Animal Rescuer's Soul
· Mystery of Madera Canyon
· Cemetery Island
· Gold River Canyon
· Curious Creatures - Wondrous Waifs, My Life with Animals
· The Easter Skunk
· The Dog At The Drive-Thru Window
· Home For The Holidays
· Two Bonded Street Orphans, In From The Cold
· A Survivor's Tale
· Pigs, Turtles, and Bugs!
· Gentle Cemetery Dog Finally Safe
· Freezing, Starving, and Scared
· A Home For The Holidays
· The Dog On The Tracks
· I Am a Dog, Not a Thing
· Ghost Dog Rescued From Hot Dog Stand
· February is 'National Spay/Neuter Awareness' Month
· The 2014 Home 4 The Holidays Campaign
· Saving Our Canine Vets, This Veterans Day
· November is 'Adopt-A-Senior-Pet' Month
· National Pit Bull Awareness Day
· Keep Your Pets Safe This Halloween
· October is 'Adopt-A-Dog' Month
· Pet Theft Is On The Rise
· Another Lesson From A Dog
· Just Nature
· It's Poppy Time Once More
· Please Don't Worry So Much, H.P.
· Meatloaf Matlack
· A Walk With Dogs
· Earth Day Blues
· What Have We Become
· The Victims of Our Cruelty
· The Shredding Machine
· Chicken Soup for the Soul: Loving Our Dogs
· The Daily Mews
· Where The Redwing Sings
· Another Review For Curious Creatures-Wondrous Waifs
· Recipient of the 2006 Merial Human-Animal Bond Award
· International Writing Award
· My Animal Book Wins an Award
Mr. Ed, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
Please Join Us
April is ‘Prevention of Cruelty to Animals Month,’ and each year, the American Society for The Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (ASPCA) urges people across the country to support their efforts and ‘Go Orange For Animals’ in honor of the signing of the ASPCA's charter in 1866. In 2012, the ASPCA is celebrating 145 years of fighting animal cruelty in America.
Yet, there is so much work still to be done in stopping and preventing the immense animal cruelty still occurring in our nation today from abysmal Puppy Mills to atrocious Dog Fighting Rings to an increase in Pet Abuse, Abandonment, and Neglect.
Throughout the month of April, the ASPCA is encouraging everyone to show their support by donning their signature color, and by going orange for animals.
Please join us for this month-long celebration of the victories in the fight against animal cruelty, and in the immense work that has yet to be accomplished on behalf of animals throughout our vast nation.
And for more information, please click on the ASPCA website linked below:
Reader Reviews for
"April is 'Prevention of Cruelty to Animals' Month"
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Vivian Dawson
|Awareness being a reason
for prevention!!!*Mr Ed*
|Reviewed by Annabel Sheila
|Awesome!!!! Thanks for getting this vital information out there, Ed!
|Reviewed by Mary Ann Biddinger
|A special cause to celebrate..go orange.. Mr. Ed thank you
for sharing this article.
Ruan I'm sad to read of the animal society
in the UK. I hope for it to change for the
many animals abandoned and abused.
Lady Mary Ann
|Reviewed by Ruan Mills Burke
|There is no proper animal welfare society over here, the authorities make it too difficult to operate with all the red-tape and unrealistic rules, so it's just a few individuals who do what we can. So many of us have tried to set something in motion only to be steam-rollered into oblivion by the local authorities.
So, I may not 'live' in America but you absolutely have my moral support without question.