MANNY PACHECO - STORY OF THE PERSON AND HIS WORK
His broadcast credentials include 30-year participation as a member of the Screen Actors Guild (SAG), and the American Federation of Television and Radio Artists (AFTRA). He was recently inducted as the youngest member of the Pacific Pioneer Broadcasters (PPB).
TELEVISION resume: NBC - SANTA BARBARA; KCOP - IN STUDIO; PBS / KCET PLEDGE DRIVES
RADIO credentials: KRLA, KFI, KBIG (among others)
FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD Book Series: SON OF FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD FORGOTTEN HISTORY has now been released to start 2012. Pacheco's series tells America's story in a Ken Burns-style through the eyes of Character Actors from Hollywood's Golden Age including Claude Rains, Frank Morgan, Walter Brennan, Hattie McDaniel, Lon Chaney Jr., Basil Rathbone, Peter Lorre, and Marjorie Main.
Among the highlights FORGOTTEN HOLLYWOOD FORGOTTEN HISTORY (Manny's first paperback) has enjoyed:
- A documentary deal with Vision4Media, which led my words to be shopped theatrically at the 2010 American Film Market and the 2011 Festival du Cannes. Vision4Media is promoting the project as a Ken Burns-style production
- Prestigious additions in the libraries of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, American Film Institute, Writer's Guild Foundation, Screen Actors Guild Foundation, and of course, Library of Congress
- Displayed at historic Southern California gift shops, including the Paley Center in Beverly Hills and Hollywood Heritage Museum
- Official selection as a reference book at the Richard J. Riordan Central Branch Library; and recent adds to the University of Michigan Graduate School Library and UCLA Arts Library
- The creation of a weekly Forgotten Hollywood radio program on the Financial News and Talk Radio Network in Southern California