A poetry challenge to my poet friends at Authors'Den: join in the fun-- INTRODUCE YOURSELF, PLEASE -- PRIZES!!
Okay, dear ones all, some of you have read my new poem "I Am Your Demons' Worst Nightmare" and are aware that it was for a contest. I surprised myself with that one: I wrote it not only in minutes but did so online! So, I'm issuing the challenge to all of YOU!
I want you to write a poem about who you are, sufficient for me to feel that now I really know you. BUT, the catch is, you must do it according to the following rules: only one entry per author
R U L E S:
1. No less than 25 lines and no more than 35
2. No profanity or foul language, no erotica or adult material: just good, clean poetry about who you are
3. The "Short Summary" must say "Introduce Yourself, Please"
4. The work must be titled, something you feel really exemplifies you: "Untitled" is unacceptable
5. Send an email giving me the title of your poem entry and author name: just in case I'm not tracking you~~ Bonnie Q at unicornhaven.earthlink.net
AND, THERE ARE PRIZES!!! Winners will receive a free copy of Today, Jesus Said, on CD requiring no special computer readers. I wish it were the paperback copy: alas, I'm all out of those!
Winners will be announced next Friday, 06 February, 2004. This means all entries must be posted at A/D no later than Thursday 05 February.
Okay! That's it, so let me hear from all you wonderful poets.