2004 Election Results
edited: Thursday, November 11, 2004
By Ronald W. Hull
Rated "G" by the Author.
Posted: Thursday, November 11, 2004
Become a Fan
This is from my friend, Donna Kilgore Kimble. Donna is an English professor and poet. For those that think that the silent majority has spoken, I suggest that you read her words very carefully.
I learned much from this election:
1. We are a stupid, unread, gullible people, and rural, uninformed masses are able to dictate what the educated masses must do.
2. We are so small-minded that, even faced with the truth, we would rather stick with our prejudices than change our choice of candidate or party.
3. We consider a person who thinks a problem out and changes his mind weaker than one who stubbornly follows the wrong path.
4. The American media has been compromised to the point that it reiterates right-wing spin and has no plan to seek the truth, half-tells it, or lies by omission.
5. The people who are most likely to be hurt by this administration's policies are the ones who most arduously support them.
6. Complaints about disenfranchisement, dirty tricks, and scandals have no effect on this country.
7. Dirty tactics are rewarded. From small groups controlling textbooks in the classroom, to awarding of contracts, to Supreme Court positions, minorities and the poor are null and void.
8. People who don't go to war or even report for duty can ridicule and sully the reputation of those who do and send other young people off to war.
Folks, I am sitting out the next four years. However, the same thing may happen then. What I am finding interesting is that many articles now are coming out that the voting machine tallies do not match the exit polls, and since no paper trail can confirm, this is now being called voter-gate. I wonder if any more of this will come to light. We should be afraid, verrrrrrry afraid!
Web Site: Visit Ron's Place
Want to review or comment on this article?
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Sandy Knauer
|wow.. missed this at the time. Excellent article (sad as it is), and you see the proof is right here in the comments section. People who would rather close their eyes than think.|
|Reviewed by Michelle Kidwell Power In The Pen
|I agree with Judy's comment the election is over, even Kerry does not contest it, so why do so many still insist on doing so? Bush is rightfully in office...
|Reviewed by Tinka Boukes
|Thanks for sharing this!!
|Reviewed by Janet Parker
|Talk about generalization! I live in the Bible belt. I have a college degree in fine arts. I am a very well known painter. I have a book that has been published and I am smart. Pseudo worldly intellectuals? I don't know what they are because I have better sense than to generalize about them.|
|Reviewed by Judy Lloyd (Reader)
|The election is over even Kerry says it is not in doubt. Now can we all just move on and wait for another day. I am not afraid why should I be but then I guess I am just another dumb person who voted my choice. We had to live with the choice of the voters before this president why can't you just learn to live with it. We did for years.|