Ways in which to ensure the failure of a marriage.
30 Ways A MARRIAGE IS GUARANTEED TO FAIL
Much has been written about ways to keep your marriage strong. Usually when you read about someone’s failed marriage, you hear talk of one or a few of the things that happened that helped sentence the marriage to death. Usually at the top of the list are finances and sex or lack of it and or affairs. But long before these things usually come into play there are things being put into place that virtually ensure the marriage will eventually die. This list is to remind all of us what happens to people whom at one time loved and cared deeply for each other.
- Taking each other for granted
- Lack of interest in what your mate is involved in
- In law problems
- No time for each other after the children arrive
- Feeling you have nothing in common with each other
- Different paths as far as christian beliefs
- Not eating meals together
- Not sleeping together
- Understanding not the effect of nice clothes and perfume
- Not traveling together for unannounced trips just to get away and be alone with each other
- Living only for the children whether they are small or adults
- Not agreeing to disagree
- Personal grooming
- Taking care of your own health
- Spending too much time with family and not enough time with each other
- Not watching movies or keeping up with news events together
- Not having similar interests
- Disagreeing over finances
- Not spending one complete hour per week with your mate
- Being unable to discuss your own likes and dislikes involving sex
- Not able to lay in each other arms and talk of individual dreams
- Showing more care and concern for others outside the marriage especially towards one’s nuclear family
- No kissing or touching each other
- No attempts to please a mate
- Not having the ability to seize the moment for a heart to heart talk
- Thinking your mate is always wrong
- Not having sexual intercourse
- Having a feeling that your mate is the enemy
- Not truly caring enough about the person you are married to in order to at least discuss any of the above items that just may be the solution
I appreciate William Cottringer suggesting three additional ways to help a marriage fail. They are:
31) Not Understanding the other person
32) Not Laughing with the other person
34) Not attending church regularly together
Web Site: authorsden.com/aubreyhammack
Want to review or comment on this article?
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!
|Reviewed by Mileah Shore
|Wow, this is fantastic. Thank you for having the courage to type that out. This is truely a blessing.
Mileah K Shore
|Reviewed by William Cottringer
|Aubrey-- These are certaintly true. I would add three other very important things that their converse is true for 50+ years of marrigae bliss (solid research):
1. Not understanding the other person.
2. Not laughing with the other person.
3. Not attending church regularly together.
|Reviewed by Minister Nina Clark
|This is just "EXCELLENT" What a blessing it was to stumble across this great post. Thank you so very much for sharing this. May the good Lord continously bless you always.
Min. Nina Clark
|Reviewed by Rosemarie Skaine
|Good points. R|
|Reviewed by m j hollingshead