Preparation H. That’s right---you read this correctly. The same cream used to cure hemorrhoids is also being used to help women shrink the puffiness around their eyes. It supposedly restricts the blood vessels in the area where it is applied.
OK, I’ve heard of home remedies to cure what ails you but I think this is ridiculous! I can’t image putting anything, used to cure something on my behind, anywhere else on my body.
There are women who swear by this. Although Christina Ricci isn’t a baby boomer, she has been quoted as saying, "Preparation H is the best thing for swollen eyes. I keep it in the fridge because it works best cold.”
Apparently the ointment is creating quite a buzz ever since blogger and author Rob Fitzgerald wrote in a blog post this week that guys were rubbing Preparation H on themselves before going into clubs to make themselves look "ripped."
Other Beauty Secrets:
1. Budweiser beer conditions the hair
2. Pam cooking spray will dry finger nail polish
3. Cool whip will condition your hair in 15 minutes
4. Mayonnaise will kill lice, it will also condition your hair
5. Elmer's Glue - paint on your face, allow it to dry, peel off and see the dead skin and blackheads if any.
6. Shiny Hair - use brewed Lipton Tea
7. Sunburn - empty a large jar of Nestea into your bath water
8 Minor burn - Colgate or Crest toothpaste
9 Burn your tongue? Put sugar on it!
10. Arthritis? WD-40 Spray and rub in, kill insect stings too
11. Bee stings - meat tenderizer
12. Chigger bite - Preparation H
13. Stinky feet - Jell-O!
14. Athletes feet – use cornstarch
15.. Fungus on toenails or fingernails - Vicks vapor rub