* Article: Go to The Bendigo Weekly (online version) feature article:A Man of his Words, Friday September 3rd 2010 by Ben Cameron. See also:
* Song: 'The Gift of Pace': I recently wrote a song concerning my days as a fast bowler (i.e. cricketer) entitled 'The Gift of Pace'. The song features in a private You-Tube video (non-commercial) I've put together but isalso up at AudioBoo. I used a constraints based composing technique (applied to Jam Studio raw materials) and wish to thank Ev Charalambous for adding harmonies and recording the vocals using Reaper (music program).
* International 'Cricket Archive': Player Records See international Cricket Archive listing for Ian Irvine to access scorecards for 24 representative games I played in between 1980 and 1984 (covers New Zealand, UK and Australian matches). The link details 22 miscellaneous and 2 Worcestershire 2nds appearances (as at October 2012). Please note: I was selected as an opening bowler for the following sides and was lucky enough to play in teams with or compete against a range of then current (as well as future) international players.
Representative Teams (Province, County and International)
* Auckland Province, Under-19s national competition (NZ) 1981-1982
* New Zealand Under-19s (Kookaburra Shield tour to Canberra, Australia 1981-1982).
* Auckland Province, Under-19s national competition (NZ) 1982-83
New Zealand Under-19s (Barclay's Bank tour to Perth Western Australia 1982-83)
* Auckland Province Under-22s national competition (NZ) 1983-1984
* Auckland Province 2nd 11 National Championship, (NZ) 1983-1984
* Worcestershire County 2nd 11, National Championship (UK) 1984
* Worcestershire County Under 25s 40 over/1 day national championship (UK) 1984
* Auckland Province (NZ) summer 1985 (1 match v Northern Districts 11)
* East Coast Bays cricket club, Mairangi Bay, Auckland New Zealand.1977-1981.
* Birkenhead City cricket club. Birkenhead, Auckland, New Zealand. 1981-1984.
Image: cover to 1984-1985 Wisden book of international cricket statistics. In the summer of 1984 I played a number of games with various Worcestershire county sides before contracting appendicitus which turned into severe peritonitus in early 1985.