Every year thousands of innocent young women leave the protection of mom and dad and venture out into the college world, where there is no supervision, just a phone line between home and college and sometimes the calls are few and far between, if there is no immediate need, like refill my account so I can buy books, food, shop or go out for entertainment.
You enter campus life with hopes and dreams, and with freedom from rules and the watchful eyes of loving parents, either you settle into your dorm rooms, or you live in an off campus apartment.
The first few days of getting adjusted, perhaps meeting new friends soon become the norm. As a freshman you are noticed right away. You just have that look of being fresh. Over the next few weeks it is about getting to know your routine, figuring out what needs to be done on a daily basis, making sure you get up to go to class, eat, chat with old friends and new friends.
It won’t be long before male suitors began to volley for your attention. You’re not a little girl anymore. There are some things your parents should have reiterated to you, maybe even some discussions they should have had on how to deal with all of this attention and still maintain your dignity or put yourself in harm’s way when they’re not around to watch over you.
If your parents scolded you about being responsible at home, chances are you will be less responsible away from home but, for sure, you will learn it on your own. So here are just a few tips on dating in college to keep you safe:
1. Spend some time getting to know the other person
2. Avoid being pressured into relationships
3. Develop relationships with others as buddies you can check in with
4. Give your buddies your parents numbers in case of emergency
5. Avoid being the only female with a group of males
6. What is done under the influence of Alcohol and drugs may not be reparable.
7. If you sit a drink of any kind down, either cover it, or order a fresh drink.
8. Have him walk you back to your dorm and see you in
9. Call your roommate and ask her to open the door.
10. If you must involve yourself in sexual activity, protect yourself
11. Do not allow yourself to be abused
12. If you drive, always have your key out
13. Carry a personal alarm that makes noise in the event you are attacked
Free self-defense E-course at selfdefense.blondie2book.com