I recently found amongst the many emails I receive each day, one that led me to a website. I'm usually wary of clicking on any links in emails but as this one was from a trusted friend, I decided to take the plunge.
My friend is a dog breeder in Sydney, NSW Australia. She often sends me lovely pet emails with pictures to make surely even a hardened heart soften.
On this occasion the email had an important message. My friend was asking me to look at the story and the video on the link and then pass on the information to my friends and family.
I went to the website and found a very disturbing story about a lovely dog called Chai. Chai had been given toys by his owner to chew on and play with, as we all do. I looked at the picture of the toy in question and realised that I had bought my darling boy a similar looking toy when he was younger so he could chew on it and not be able to eat it. What I didn't think about at all was that the ball with the pimples all over it had a hole in it, well the one I bought fortunately has two holes. Shaye still has the ball in his toybox.
The ball that Chai had to play with only has one hole, and the most horrendous thing happened to Chai as a result of playing with this toy when no one was watching him. After all, our pets have toys outside they play with when we are at work, so there was nothing wrong done here by Chai's human friend.
If you are interested in finding out about the toy and what happened to Chai, please go to the link and check out the story and video. It will definitely make most people think twice about the toys they buy their pets in the future. I'm not mentioning the name of the brand of toy because this isn't what I'm here for. The whole story is on the website and is told by Chai's friend. It is up to the individual to take what they need from the story and to hopefully pass it on to friends and family in an effort to save another darling pet from serious and irreversible injury.