· Abuse: An Encyclopedia of Causes, Consequences, and Treatment
· Suicide Warfare: Culture, the Military, and the Individual as a Weapon
· Women in Combat: A Reference Handbook (Contemporary World Issues)
· Women of Afghanistan in the Post-Taliban Era: How Lives Have Changed . . .
· Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Suicide Bombers
· Female Genital Mutilation: Legal, Cultural and Medical Issues
· The Cuban Family: Custom and Change in an Era of Hardship
· Paternity and American Law
· The Women of Afghanistan Under the Taliban
· A Woman Confesses: It's Never Too Late For Lessons In Love -- And LifeLessons in Love and Life
· Sage Book Chapter: Women Political Leaders in Africa
· Female Genital Mutilation
· Terrorist Attack & Natural Disaster Preparedness
· Susan Cook-Jahme, AuthorsDen, Newsletter Review
· Warren V. Keller: A Visit to His Roots
· Properly Trained Servicewomen Can Overcome Physical Shortcomings
· Overturning Paternity
· Sexual Harassment
· Soviet-Afghan War (1979-1989)
· The "Dear John": Rosemarie Keller Skaine to Bob Trentz
· He Does Me Wrong Song
· Iíll Remember You
· Little Girl, Little Girl
· We Live
· I Am Well Fed
· My Horse II
· The Precipice
· Skaine Signs Two Contracts
· Skaine Interviews on Spotlite Radio
· Skaine presents at UN, Women in Parliament
· Skaine Gives UN Keynote, Terrorism & African Youth
· Query for Writers
· Rosemarie Skaine Keynote Speaker at UN Women 57 Meeting
· Christian Science Monitor Interview
· UN Panelist at Commission on the Status of Women 57
· International Day of the African Child: Terrorism and the Youths of Africa
Rosemarie Skaine, click here
to update your web pages on AuthorsDen.
||Author's Castle, Publisher
||Jun 30 1999
your Signed copy today!
Barnes & Noble.com
Recollections of Warren V. Keller, a Nebraskan as told to Rosemarie Keller Skaine and James C. Skaine
_A Man of the Twentieth Century_ is about the life and times of Warren V. Keller of Grand Island, Nebraska. Keller was born in 1900 in Mason City, Nebraska and wrote his recollections when he was 99. His experiences are interesting and reflect the great changes that occurred in so many parts of our society in the 20th Century. Warren Keller died in October 1999. He was a remarkable person who lived in remarkable times.
It was a cold day when I was born on January 29 in 1900. I was born in a one room sod house in Mason City, Nebraska.
We later lived in a two room sod house that didn't have any floors. One day I remember watching my mother sprinkle water over the dirt floor to settle the dust in the family bedroom. The beds rested on boards so they wouldn't sink into the ground.
Table of Contents
Foreword by Pastor John Russell xi
Preface by Rosemarie Keller Skaine xiii
Preface by James C. Skaine xv
1. 1900-1909 7
2. 1910-1919 17
3. 1920-1929 29
4. 1930-1939 39
5. 1940-1949 49
6. 1950-1959 63
7. 1960-1969 71
8. 1970-1979 77
9. 1980-1989 85
10. 1990-1999 97
Grand Island Senior High
Students and staff will enjoy reading about the long and rewarding life of this remarkable gentleman from Nebraska. Our students have chosen to write about native Nebraskans for research papers in the past and this will be another choice for them.
_The Hottel - Keller Voice_
Hats off to Warren's daughter and son-in-law for this ambitious project.
The Midwest Book Review
A Man Of The Twentieth Century: Recollections Of Warren V. Keller, A Nebraskan is the personal and engaging autobiographical account of an American who lived from 1900 to 1999, and saw the profound changes that swept across the generations. His stories, memories, trials, endurance, anecdotal observations, and age-seasoned wisdom are all set forth (as told to his daughter Rosemarie Keller Skaine and her husband James C. Skaine) in a decade-spanning, highly recommended presentation of one man's centenary life experiences.
Reviews for "A Man of the Twentieth Century"
|Reviewed by Victoria Murray
|Sounds like an interesting read!
Victoria Taylor Murray
'Thief Of Hearts'
Want to review or comment on this
Click here to login!
Need a FREE Reader Membership?
Click here for your Membership!