We all read or saw the news on television, about a Congresswoman getting shot in Tucson, Arizona earlier in 2011. Hate is still around; racism floushishes; and bigotry has become trendy, in the form of ageism or age discrimination, in which I suffered for ten years and led to my downfall. Ageism is the #1 complaint at the EEOC and the Labor Department, so if you're unemployed and you're over 40 years of age; 50 or 60 years of age...be sure to consider ageism when you have trouble finding work.
From: Common Dreams.org; This is a piece written by Cesar Chelala, which is entitled, "Is Racism Still Alive in America? I took a small portion of the article for use in this piece.
"Before Obama's election, not only was the country involved in wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, in what increasingly, looks like a quagmire, particularly in the latter country. The economy was in a desperate state, with unemployment and healthcare rising. There was a feeling of widespread maliase in the country, believed by many to be the result of an incompetant president manipulated by darker forces, an opinion widely shared throughout the world.
After the initial high of Obama's election, there is now a changed atmosphere in the country. Violence is inescapable companion to racism. And violence...or violent outbursts racially motivated, are certainly on the increase in the U.S. Threats against President Obama have increased 400% since President George W. Bush left office...the highest number in history!"
The number 400% is astonishing to me...but I'm not surprised.
Hate In America Is Alive and Well...
At the age of 66 in 2011, I lived through the violent 1960's and three assasinations; President Kennedy; his brother Robert Kennedy; and Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. George Wallace, the governor of Alabama was shot, but survived. President Ford was shot at...and was not hit. President Regan was shot and survived!
When President Kennedy was assasinated in 1963, I was a freshman in college, finishing up my first semester in school, so I remember what happened. So much so, that I wrote an article on the matter which is entitled;
The Assasination of a President
Oswald was only a scape-goat for the government, and nobody knows for sure how John Kennedy got shot. In my own crystal ball...I point the finger at the mafia. You see, Joseph Kennedy, the father of John and Robert Kennedy...had no business in politics of the day. He was not elected to any office; he was not appointed to any office.
But, I saw a documentary on PBS whereby a reporter got photographs of Joseph Kennedy entering a hotel for at a meeting with the mobsters (Teamsters) in Chicago. The deal was, that Joseph Kennedy wanted to get the Teamster vote for his son, to elect him for President...and in return, the government would lay off the mafia!
After John Kennedy got elected...the mafia was betrayed by John and Robert Kennedy...as Robert Kennedy was appointed Attorney General by his brother; and the hearings on the mafia would begin soon in the New Orleans mafia. I remember this as if it were yesterday.
What happens when you cross the mafia...YOU DIE! These people are professional killers, and they don't care if you're the president of the United States or not! I guess John and Robert Kennedy thought they were so high up in government...that they couldn't be touched by anyone! The mafia showed otherwise! Joseph Kennedy (father) had no business making deals with anybody on the People's business!
If this is true ...about Joseph Kennedy and the deal he made with the Teamsters...Joseph Kennedy had a hand in his sons death! The deal may have been unbeknownst to the two brothers as well
I think of all the tragedies I seen...9/11' the Oklahoma bombings; the Cuban Missle Crises, etc., the assasination of President Kennedy was the worst because the mourning lasted so long...probably over a year! There were two little kids in the White House who lost their father...John-John and Caroline. This family was loved around the world...and then for this to happen...the country was just upsidedown for over a year!
President Obama has two young kids in the White House as well, and I don't like the way Obama is handling himself lately. He's casualy walking through crowds shaking hands, and one of these days...(God forbid)
Take a look at the similarities of 1963 and 2011;
1963; A young couple with two young children in the White House, and the President gratuated from Harvard. Favorite vacation spot; Martha's Vineyard;
2011: A young couple in the White House, with two young children, and the President gratuated from Harvard. Favorite vacation spot; Martha's Vineyard;
Can a woman be the President of the United States some day? The answer is YES! But, women have several strikes against them starting out.
1) Racism/bigotry; Women all over the country can learn from President Obama, and the hard time he is having being a successful President...and I think it will get worse for him before it gets better. Obama has to deal with the politics-as-usual in Washington...but more than that, he has to deal with another big problem...his race and color! Unless you live under a rock, everyone knows that there are substantial amount of bigots and racists in the U.S. Congress. These bigots and racists are NOT going to let a little black boy from Illinois (or a woman) become successful at anything. I think we all saw an example of that during the debt-ceiling matter. You'll see every kind of fillibuster and obstacle in the way of Obama...as he tries to get legislation through the Congress and fail. He's even pleading with the American people to write their Congress person and make demands.
2) The arogance of Hillary Clinton; Hillary Clinton shot herself in the foot early on, and she self-destructed...never mind all the racists and bigots in Washington. I saw an interview before the convention, whereby Hillary Clinton bragged that the campaign would be over after Super Tuesday, which was a 'winner take all' day. She got surprised on that day...as the little black boy from Illinois won out, and Hillary stumbled again, having to loan money to herself, to go on! She really thought the campaign would be over by then.
3) In-fighting in the Clinton organization; When there is in-fighting and people leaving the organization...it shows a sign of weakness in the leadership.
4) Bill (Barbara Lowenski) Clinton: The worst person Hillary Clinton could have asked for advice was her own husband...Bill (motor mouth) Clinton. It didn't take long after he joined the frey, that he was critized for mud-slinging...something the American people do not like.
5) Use of the Internet (effectively); I read an article many years ago, which stated that a woman would be President of the United States, because of the coming of the Internet. If she uses the Internet to raise the money she needs, she can become President, and she won't have to go begging to corporations which are controlled by men!
What did Hillary do? She went begging to the big corporate world and fell flat on her face, and had to loan herself a million dollars to continue the race. On the other hand, Obama used the Internet effectively and gathered millions of dollars...one buck at a time...and left Hillary in the dust! If Hillary was smart as she says she is...things should have been the opposite...shouldn't they? I think the American people just want the Clintons to go away...the Clintons are old news!
Why Obama is running for re-election is beyond me...with all the threats against him and his family. ..it's not worth it! Unless he wants to become a martyr or something...something he can be remembered for...strange thinking here...what can he possibly accomplish in a second-term?
...p-s-s-s-s-s-t...I don't think a racist Congress is going to let a little black boy from Illinois or anywhere else, accomplish much of anything...but don't tell anyone...this is a secret between the reader and myself...
But, hate, racism and bigotry is just not surrounding the president. I see people standing in unemploment lines all over the country, and many of them are over 40 and 50 years old. I'm reminded of my own six job layoffs, in which ageism played a part in my downfall, that I wrote two pieces on the subject.
Ageism/6 Job Layoffs Contributed to My Downfall
Discrimination Against Older Workers (Ageism)
Dealing With the Racists and Bigots of the World;
You don't have to go very far to see and feel the ugly face of hate in this country. If you know somebody who is 40 years or older (unemployed) ...take it from me...you'll feel the ugly face of hate...when you leave a job interview and never get the job...and the phone never rings,either...truly the sound of silence!
SITE MAP For Hopelessly Lost Souls;
Copyright; Jerry Aragon; The Humor Doctor
Website name; humordoctormd